During the increased calls for people to practice social distancing and shelter in place, you and your techs may deal with concerned customers who need your service but are also anxious about COVID-19. Those concerns are totally understandable when you hear all the news reports. However, there are steps you can take to reassure customers and keep those scheduled appointments.
Watch the video above or check out the tips outlined below.
Make the customer as comfortable as possible.
- Call ahead of time
- Wear a mask, gloves, boot covers, etc.
- Carry a can of Lysol to disinfect areas you touch
Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of space between you and the customer.
- Call from the truck when you arrive
- Go in and do your assessment and then call the homeowner from the truck to discuss what needs to be addressed
Reassure customers of the precautions your business is taking.
- Explain what you're doing to keep customers safe
- Your policy on workers staying home if they exhibit any symptoms
- Prepare a list of all the precautions so that you can easily share the details
Use technology whenever possible to limit personal interactions.
- Take advantage of FaceTime and other video chat apps with customers who are willing to stream video of the systems that need attention
Reach out to current customers with tips and services.
- Educate them on how to protect their systems.
- Offer warranties on equipment that is up to two years old.
- Offer extensions on current warranties.
|Business owners: we've got resources for you to help connect you with some information you may need during the COVID-19 outbreak. Read the message from our CEO & President Jeff Bohannan.|
Territory Manager at JB Warranties